Preparing your Manuscript for JET
JET endeavors to be the premier outlet of economic teaching techniques at all levels. Our community includes economics professors, instructors and high school teachers.
JET was created to connect educators looking for a community to share their ideas on ways to teach economics as a whole or specific economic concepts. We encourage educators at all levels to submit, read, and connect with others in the community. The Journal will be publishing ideas from the elementary level through graduate level economics.
What JET offers
JET offers a new kind of journal for those educators interested in making their classroom more engaging and more innovative while not losing the rigor expected in an economics course. Along with journal articles, JET will provide supplemental materials like websites, computer programs, and lesson plans that help keep the lecture an environment conducive to learning economic materials.
All submissions must be submitted through Scholastica. The guidelines listed below must be followed.
Your submission should contain:
- the name of the lead or primary author
- the title of your paper
- a statement indicating that you are not submitting simultaneously to another journal
- a statement that your paper has not been published in whole or part in a journal or book.
The submission must include your manuscript in the following two separate Microsoft Word attachments, with DOCX extensions (see: “initial review”):
- the abstract, including author information, and
- the manuscript itself with the author information removed.
The cover page must contain the paper title, the author(s), their affiliation, and at least five key words (tags). The cover page must also provides complete correspondence information for the primary author including:
- postal address,
- telephone number, and
- e-mail address.
Body of Paper:
- The first page of the manuscript for review must contain the title of the paper and the abstract. Please limit the abstract to 100 words. No other information should be included on the first page.
- The body of the text must be double-spaced using a 12-point font.
- Placement for tables should be indicated in the manuscript.
- Footnotes must be used rather than endnotes.
- All pages except the abstract page should be numbered consecutively at the bottom of the page.
- The references should be inserted after the main body of the paper in APA format. They must be followed by appendices, tables (one per page), and figures (one per page). All material must be part of the paper. Figures must also be included as separate files in vector format if possible (e.g. EPS, AI).
The author should indicate the target classroom environment (e.g. “Econ 101”) and topic area (e.g. “public goods”) in the initial submission.
The journal charges a $50 submission fee that must be paid before the submission will be sent to reviewers. If all of the authors are employed by a two-year institution or lower, the journal will refund the authors $25 after submission. If all of the authors are employed by a high school, the journal will refund the authors $40 after submission.